RiverMeadow Drives Continued Momentum as the Worldwide Leader in Secure Cloud MigrationBy Scott Colgan on Jan 21, 2015 4:59:58 PM
New Strategic Partnerships and Significant Updates to the RiverMeadow SaaS Strengthen Company’s Leadership Position in the Cloud Mobility Market
San Jose, Calif., January 21, 2015 – RiverMeadow Software™ Inc., developer of the world’s only automated cloud onboarding and workload mobility platform developed specifically for carrier and service provider clouds, continues to build momentum as the global leader in secure cloud migration. With its reliable and proficient Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution, RiverMeadow enables fast, secure and automated cloud onboarding from any source to any cloud destination. Corporate growth was driven in 2014 by significant product updates, new global partnerships, strategic executive hires and a continued commitment to customer excellence.
RiverMeadow introduced Secure Direct Migration (SDM), designed to eliminate the challenges associated with migrating workloads to cloud. Purpose-built for the Cloud, SDM is an automated workload migration method that employs innovative APIs to securely connect the source to any type of destination Cloud – public, private or hybrid. SDM is the optimal migration method for high compliance and high security environments.
- In 2014, RiverMeadow announced partnerships with several cloud services consultancies including Cognizant, OpenSky, OSI and others to deliver comprehensive solutions for secure cloud migration. These partners are focused on transforming customers' IT operations and assets onto the cloud. Some of these partners are also reselling the RiverMeadow SaaS to their customers.
- In February, 2014, RiverMeadow officially received notice from Cisco that the RiverMeadow Cloud Migration SaaS became available as a Cisco product ID. This allowed the RiverMeadow SaaS to be sold as a Product, as well as a Service, through the Cisco sales force and channel. It was a significant development for RiverMeadow and makes RiverMeadow automated cloud migration available globally to the entire Cisco direct and partner sales channels.
- In February, 2014, RiverMeadow announced that the company will help minimize the risk and friction associated with migrating applications to the cloud by offering clients the ability to experience start-to-finish "test drives" where end-users can test migrating a workload into VMware vCloud Hybrid Service™ at no cost for either the migration or the cloud account.
- In April, 2014, the company announced a partnership with Cloud Carib to accelerate offshore cloud migrations. Cloud Carib is reselling the RiverMeadow SaaS to its customers and the companies are working together to offer programs that help accelerate customer cloud adoption initiatives.
- In May, 2014, the company announced that they are working with RISC Networks on an integrated workload Discovery, Planning and Migration solution. Using RISC Networks CloudScape workload dependency visualization and cloud readiness analytics, along with RiverMeadow's SaaS, businesses can quickly find workloads on their network and easily move them to optimal target clouds.
- In August, 2014, RiverMeadow and Hewlett Packard have entered into a worldwide OEM agreement, giving HP the right to sell RiverMeadow migrations to their customers, channel partners and VARS around the world. Moving forward, RiverMeadow SaaS will be bundled and sold along with HP Converged Cloud platforms, as part of a complete hardware and software solution.
- In August, 2014, InterCloud Systems (ICLD) and RiverMeadow entered a premiere partnership to help businesses achieve greater efficiencies in their IT infrastructure operations.
- In September, 2014 Oracle and RiverMeadow teamed up to create an Oracle migration solution to help accelerate the on boarding of applications and services into the new offerings within Oracle's Cloud. Thomas Kurian, President of Product Development at Oracle, demonstrated the joint solution in his keynote speech at Oracle World on September 30.
- In November, 2014, Hewlett Packard purchased an initial 1,400 RiverMeadow SaaS migrations to fuel customer workload cloud migration projects. The Worldwide TSC Cloud team purchased 1,000 migrations to be used as part of a new services introduction (NCI) with RiverMeadow that will deliver a structured market trial driving cloud adoption as well as with referenced EG accounts in focused cloud migration use cases. The HP-ES team purchased 400 migrations for the HP M&E team. These migrations will be leveraged for pilots within HP M&E accounts as an innovative approach to penetrating new account segments for cloud.
- In November, 2014, RiverMeadow became an HP Helion Certified Partner enabling RiverMeadow to migrate businesses into the Helion OpenStack environment.
RiverMeadow expanded its executive leadership team in 2014 with Gregorio Reyes, Jeff Samberg and Dr. Alastair MacWillson joining the company's Board of Directors. Shahin Pirooz was also appointed to the role of Chief Technology Officer responsible for all aspects of RiverMeadow's product engineering, global cloud migration operations and customer service.
- The Business Intelligence Group announced RiverMeadow finalists of the 2014 Stratus Awards. The inaugural industry awards competition recognizes those companies innovating in the Cloud and providing innovative offerings that are truly differentiated in the market. RiverMeadow is proud to be among some of the most cutting edge companies in the Cloud industry.
- RiverMeadow was recognized as one of 2014’s hottest emerging technology vendors by CRN. The annual Emerging Vendors list identifies up-and-coming technology vendors that have introduced innovative new products, creating opportunities for channel partners in North America to create high-margin, cutting-edge solutions for their customers.
- RiverMeadow was selected as a finalist for Red Herring's Top 100 North America award, a prestigious list honoring the year's most promising private technology ventures from the North American business region. Finalist selections for the 2014 edition of the Red Herring 100 North America award were based upon technological innovation, management strength, market size, investor record, customer acquisition and financial health.
- RiverMeadow was named the winner of a Bronze Stevie® Award in the Best New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Cloud Platform category in The 11th Annual International Business Awards.
“At RiverMeadow, we continue to grow our team of seasoned professionals and push the limits to maintain our position as the leader in developing software solutions for quick, easy and secure cloud migration,” said Mark Shirman, President and CEO, RiverMeadow. “We’re very proud of the rapid growth we’re experiencing as a company and I’m looking forward to our continued success moving forward in 2015.”
About RiverMeadow Software
RiverMeadow Software, Inc. sets the standard for cloud migration with its industry-leading RiverMeadow SaaS that automates the migration of physical, virtual and cloud-based servers into and between public, private and hybrid clouds. RiverMeadow, a privately held company founded in 2009, is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information please visit www.rivermeadow.com.
RiverMeadow is a trademark or registered trademarks of RiverMeadow Software. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For further information visit: www.rivermeadow.com.