Migrate & Modernize your Legacy Windows Applications
With End of Support for Windows 2008 coming to an end on January 14, 2020 there will be no more security updates available from Microsoft. This puts your business, data, applications and infrastructure at risk.
RiverMeadow's NEW Automated In-Place OS Upgrade product capability will migrate and modernise your legacy Windows applications seamlessly and at speed.
Whether you are remaining on-premises, moving to the cloud or you are already there this is a definitive way to avoid End of Support issues and mitigate cybersecurity threats from patched OS's.
Automated In-Place OS Upgrade
Transition from Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 to Windows 2012, Windows 2016 or Windows 2019 as part of your cloud migration journey, from within your current cloud environment or from within your current data center.
Available for Azure, vSphere, vCloud and AWS Target Clouds, in addition to on premises, this unique migration methodology provides an ideal environment for you to test how your applications will adapt in the new OS.
- Retire legacy OS’s (technical debt) as part of your journey to the cloud
- Avoid Windows 2008 End of Support costs (CSA)
- Mitigate cybersecurity threats from patched OSs
- Upgrade to Target Clone to ensure Application Compatibility with newer OS with no risk
- Save time and money with our Bulk Upgrade capability
- Take advantage of current offers from cloud providers
- Extend the life of your application
- No downtime, no disruption: by performing an OS upgrade on a target clone, your source is never interrupted during the process
- Windows 2003 (64bit) with single or multi-hop stops -> Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 or 2019
- Windows 2008 (64bit) with single or multi-hop stops -> Windows 2012, 2016 or 2019
- Windows 2012 with single hop to Windows 2016 or 2019
- Windows 2016 with single hop to Windows 2019
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.10 with single hop to Redhat Enterprise Linux 7.6
Accelerate Your Migration to the Cloud
Migrates between physical, virtual, and cloud to cloud platforms
Agentless - no change management needed; no reboot required
Hypervisor agnostic - no hypervisor access to on-premise infrastructure required
Automatically provisions new virtual machines on cloud targets
Live Migration - duplicate clone in cloud; source workloads remains active
Preflight migration checks (source and target) to ensure migration success
Differential Sync - sync only the changes made on the source in the cloud
Automation - evolve your workload; modify, customize, update and enhance
Data Only Migration - move data volumes only, swap OS versions
Enhanced Data Transfer engine – throttling, multi-threading, tunnelling