Cloud Migration Blog
What RiverMeadow's Microsoft Azure Support Means for EnterprisesBy Jim Jordan on Jun 26, 2018 12:57:17 PM
RiverMeadow has recently partnered with Microsoft to provide a fast, safe, scalable and easy to use Cloud Migration Platform. Since Azure migrate was rated as one of the three Leaders in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant, we are proud to announce this partnership and support for Microsoft Azure as a target cloud.
“Due to a significant increase in Azure demand from partners and customers over the past year, RiverMeadow decided to extend its Platform capability to Azure support ,” said Jim Jordan, President and CEO of RiverMeadow Software Inc.
There are already many very successful users of this technology.
Read on to discover the benefits of using RiverMeadow’s Platform and Services to accelerate your to Azure while minimizing your risk, providing compliance and dramatically reducing your Total Cost of Operation (TCO).
Why Use the RiverMeadow’s Platform and Services Azure Migrate
RiverMeadow’s multi-cloud SaaS Migration Platform (“Platform”) can help you migrate existing workloads from Physical, Virtual or Cloud to Cloud. RiverMeadow’s unique approach is automated, cloud agnostic and can connect any Source to any supported Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud quickly, securely and without disruption to the source workload.
- Migrates between physical, virtual, and any cloud platforms to multiple target cloud platforms which means that you can “try before you buy” with each cloud to ascertain the best platform most suited for your application
- Hardware independent between server and storage hardware.
- Hypervisor agnostic so you don’t need hypervisor access
- Automatically provisions new virtual machines on cloud targets - no manual configuration required.
- Live Azure Migrate – source workloads remain active during migration allowing you to provide UAT on the target cloud simultaneously
- Agentless – no software has to be installed, no reboot required, no security authority required
- Preflight readiness checks (source and target) to ensure migration success to ensure all components are supported and available to speed up the number of migrations
- Unlimited delta Syncing to ensure you keep changes to a minimum reducing the risk of outage
- Data Only Azure Migrate - enables you to move data volumes only, upgrade OS as part of a migration or swap OS versions
- Running custom shell scripts for post migration automation to evolve your large-scale migration workload (modify, update, enhance, and customize your workload)
- Enhanced Data transfer engine – throttling, multithreading, tunneling
- Deep feature support for Target Clouds to create new resource groups or security groups during configuration
RiverMeadow offers numerous Services to help you on your cloud journey and to bridge the gap between technology and service needs.
Discovery & Assessment Service - RiverMeadow’s Discovery & Assessment Service relies on discovery templates and industry-leading discovery tools to analyze and collect your existing applications and infrastructure. Our deep knowledge and proven processes allow us to quickly analyze and assess the readiness of your application portfolio to migrate to the cloud.
Managed Migration Service - Out-task Your Migration Projects to a Team of Experienced & Trusted Professionals. RiverMeadow’s Managed Migration Service (MMS) supports your migration initiatives by providing our resources, using our tools to migrate your workloads at scale, with speed and at a price point that works for you.
Primary Benefits of Migrating to Microsoft Azure
Microsoft’s cloud platform covers all the major cloud services categories including; Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS, Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS). That breadth of service is essential to our customers. Additional benefits of Azure are as follows:
Speed - Speed is essential to businesses of all types, and is an indicator of competitive advantage. When it comes to this Azure migrate benefit, speed is prevalent across three key areas (1) Speed of deployment (2) Speed of operation (3) Speed of scalability.
Business agility - Businesses using Microsoft Azure Support have speedier development cycles than on-premises solutions. In other words, when they develop their applications, they can become more iterative and get more responsive feedback and , which in-turn allows them to explore the outcomes of technologies in a manner that fits business objectives. From a financial standpoint — these product cycles permit measured suitability without expensive outlay or setting up complex infrastructure. As you can see, business agility is more than just 'maintaining standard', it's about growing quicker and failing faster.
Location-independent operations are something that can be achieved with any cloud solution, so what is it that makes Azure stand out? Microsoft’s cloud platform can adapt dynamically, depending on performance and utilization requirements. Enterprises benefit greatly from this, as they no longer have to rely on a team of architects to monitor and adjust the behavior of the data or service stored in the cloud.
Azure’s fully integrated delivery pipeline guarantees long-term success, as it brings together delivery, go live tools, integration testing, source control and unit testing. Fear of integration issues might arise, but that’s not justified because all tools are under the same umbrella.
Security is yet another advantage of Azure, as the platform facilitates seamless logins for users, both in B2B and B2C scenarios. This is achieved with Azure Migrate Single Sign-On, a feature that renders complex passwords unnecessary while maintaining enterprise-level security across the entire platform.
Want to find out how migrating to Azure using RiverMeadow’s SaaS could help your enterprise gain agility, security, and productivity? Schedule a demo and we’ll give you a walk through the main RM SaaS functionalities that can assist you to accelerate your enterprise!
Posts by Topic
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud migration
- cloud migration services
- workload management
- Microsoft Azure
- RiverMeadow SaaS
- cloud migration solutions
- aws migration
- Cloud services
- AWS Server Migration
- Azure Migration
- Cloud Migration Platform
- data only migration
- lift and evolve
- AWS Cloud
- Cloud trends
- Differential Migration
- End of Support
- Managed Migration Service
- SaaS platform
- Shadow IT
- Validation Checks
- Workload Migration
- data migration
- migration paths for cloud
- migration region to region
- AWS dedicated hosts
- AWS framework
- AWS migration hub
- AWS security mandates
- Agentless Migration
- Cloud Migration Platform comparison
- Dedicated hosts
- Digital Transformation
- Discovery & Assessment Service
- Google Cloud
- Linux Cloud Migration
- Live Migration
- Migration Tool
- Operating Systems
- Preflight Checks
- Rick Blaisdell
- Rick's Cloud
- Windows Cloud Migration
- aws dedicated host support
- cloud security
- cloud to cloud
- dedicated host
- file server migration
- hybrid cloud
- lift and shift
- multi-cloud approach
- system migration