Direct and Secure VMware Migration
RiverMeadow SaaS is a perfect solution for any business that needs to migrate physical, virtual or cloud-based workloads into and between VMware compute environments. RiverMeadow SaaS represents a straightforward and automated approach to migrating x86 server-based workloads into and between VMware environments. RiverMeadow does not require the installation of agents, nor does it interfere with the operation of the source server during migration.
With RiverMeadow, it takes only a few button clicks to migrate workloads to VMware vCloud Air, vSphere, vCloud Director or even VMware on AWS. Whether you're looking to migrate business applications, web servers, file servers or other workload types, RiverMeadow offers a secure VMware integrated platform for migrations to VMware environments.
RiverMeadow & VMware Integration
RiverMeadow integrates with VMware through the API. Connecting through the API from behind the firewall, RiverMeadow leverages the existing secure source-to-target connection to perform migrations. On the front end, RiverMeadow offers a seamless user experience through a point-and-click web portal interface. Whether a business needs to burst for additional compute, move workloads from one region to another or migrate workloads from other clouds to a VMware datacenter, RiverMeadow automates and simplifies the process.
RiverMeadow’s VMware-centric architecture satisfies a broad mix of migration use-cases across an enterprise, government, and systems integration environments. As a VMware technology partner, RiverMeadow can deliver a platform-rich VMware Live migration experience to customers.
- No Software to Install on source production environment
- Minimal Change Management requirements for source production
- Fast and Secure workload migration into VMware on AWS - no hypervisor access required
- Live workload clone allows target workload test/validation before final cut over to VMware
- Intuitive and Easy to Navigate Web-Delivered User-Interface
- Full Featured APIs for Automation: RESTful APIs allow for automation of migration patterns on scale
Sample Use Cases
- Migrate from any physical, virtual, or cloud source to VMware vCloud Air, vSphere and vCloud Director customer environments
- Physical to VMware (P2C)
- Virtual to VMware (V2C, no dependencies on source hypervisor APIs)
- Cloud to VMware (C2C, no dependencies on source cloud APIs)
- VMware to VMware
- VMware on AWS