Cloud Migration Blog
RiverMeadow’s InfraMod capability is safe, cost-effective, and extends the life of your existing workloads vs. AppMod, which is slow, expensive, and risky.By Emma Tompkins on Mar 7, 2023 10:55:13 AM
Rivermeadow is the market leader in Workload Mobility Software and Services. The RiverMeadow Platform allows customers to avoid Hyperscaler lock-in and the ability to perform automated, repeatable, and safe Infrastructure Modernization (InfraMod).
RiverMeadow’s InfraMod capability is safe, cost-effective, and extends the life of your existing workloads vs. AppMod, which is slow, expensive, and risky. Our analysis shows that approximately 70% of workloads are eligible for InfraMod vs. AppMod, significantly improving your business case for moving workloads to public or private cloud.
What is InfraMod?
InfraMod is the ability to modernize Application infrastructure as you move workloads to the private or public cloud allowing customers to decrease technical debt while significantly improving on security & compliance, performance, standardization, and cost, often saving organizations $10’s of millions of dollars in annual operating costs.
Recent Customer use cases include (Banking, Manufacturing, and Life Sciences):
- Retire Technical Debt - Migrate and modernize Operating Systems at scale to improve security and performance and avoid costs, including extended support payments.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012 to 2016, 2019 or 2022
- Windows Desktop 7 or 10 to 11
- Red hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, 7.x to 8.7 or 9.1
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x, 7.x to 8.7 or 9.1
- CentOS 6.x to 7.9
- Convert Linux distributions – Looking to change from one Linux distro to another to reduce technical debt or take advantage of open source.
- Red hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, 7.x to 8.7 or 9.1 to Oracle Enterprise Linux, Rocky or Alma
- CentOS 6.x, 7.x to Red hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Rocky or Alma
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x, 7.x to 8.7 or 9.1 to Red hat Enterprise Linux, Rocky or Alma
- Apply new security configurations, Day2 operations software, and OS hardening to target workloads to address security & compliance, and operationalization requirements.
The average large AppMod project takes at least three years to complete and costs 10’s millions of dollars.
Simply put, RiverMeadow offers customers a cost-effective and safe way to modernize their application infrastructure for a fraction of the cost compared to AppMod. If you want to get more “value” out of your journey, RiverMeadow can help.
Migrate and optimize your workloads at scale, speed, and certainty with RiverMeadow—benefit from our unique Multi-Cloud, Multi-Platform workload mobility and cost-saving optimization capabilities. Talk to a RiverMeadow Expert Today, and let us help you move your Workloads in minutes, not days, weeks, or years.